INSURANCECENTER.COM (THE SITE) IS A PRIVATELY OWNED, FOR-PROFIT WEB SITE. THE SITE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL CONNECTION WITH ANY STATE BUREAU, DIVISION, OR ANY STATE OR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY. FURTHERMORE, INSURANCECENTER.COM IS NOT DIRECTLY AFFILIATED WITH ANY INSURANCE CARRIERS. INSURANCECENTER.COM STRIVES TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION BUT DOES NOT CLAIM RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION DISPLAYED HEREIN. IT IS NOT COMPLETE OR CERTIFIED INFORMATION. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON INSURANCECENTER.COM IS NOT COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE ADVICE. ADDITIONALLY, THE SITE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THIRD PARTY LINKS OR RESOURCES ON THE SITE AND ANY CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE ARISING FROM SAME.
InsuranceCenter.com (the "Site") created this Policy website (this "Policy") to demonstrate our commitment to respecting the privacy of visitors to our Site and to providing an appropriate level of protection and management of their personally identifiable information in our possession. This Site is a privately owned, for-profit website, and is not owned, operated or affiliated with any insurance carrier. This Site was created to provide access to aggregated information about insurance.
Various functions of the InsuranceCenter.com website require the submission of personal and personnally identifiable information such as your name, email, gender, birthday, and zip code. We record many of the actions on the site, such as:
These actions, and this information, may be provided to advertisers or other partners as a method of targeting advertisements, both on and off the Site, or otherwise personalizing your experience on the site. We do not make personally identifiable information gathered on the Site available to third parties for advertising or marketing purposes unless explicitly given permission by you.
If you wish to contact us through email, you may be requested to provide personal information, including your full name and email address.
When you visit the Site, we may collect the following types of anonymous information, such as the internet domain address, IP address, domain server, type of computer and type of web browser used to visit our Site. That type of information (often referred to as traffic data) will remain anonymous and is not considered personal information unless you voluntarily tell us personally identifiable information and it is combined with the traffic data. Traffic data helps us analyze how the Site is used, device information, geographic information, and helps us improve your experience on the Site. We may share anonymous traffic data and results of analysis of traffic data that does not include any personal information with advertisers, retailers and other third party service providers. To the extent that you share any personal information with us, we limit access to such information to authorized individuals within our company and to affiliated and unaffiliated third parties who work with us on marketing, product development, service enhancement and other similar matters.
If you are interested in advertising on this Site you will also be requested to provide personal information, including but not limited to your full name, email address, telephone number, company name and company title. Any such personal information will not be stored on or be accessible via this Site and will not be used for marketing purposes.
Like many websites, we use computer "cookies," which are small amounts of data that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser. We collect the information in the cookie when you visit the Site. The cookies enable our systems to recognize you, provide features to you, track your visits and/or analyze your use of the Site. You may be able to set your browser to reject cookies or to ask you whether to accept a particular cookie. There are also third party utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. If as a result of your settings we cannot recognize you, we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at our Site.
This Site does not direct any of its content at children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register as a member or send any information about yourself to us. We do not knowingly collect, and when possible actively block, personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. This Site understands and is committed to respecting the privacy of children online.
We reserve the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update or modification on the Site. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. Information we gather is subject to the Policy in effect at the time of use. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms. If you have any other questions about the Site or this Policy, please send us an email and we will try to respond in a reasonable timeframe. The effective date of this Policy is November 2016.
INSURANCECENTER.COM IS NOT DIRECTLY AFFILIATED WITH ANY INSURANCE CARRIER. INSURANCECENTER.COM STRIVES TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION BUT DOES NOT CLAIM RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION DISPLAYED HEREIN. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON INSURANCECENTER.COM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INSURANCE QUOTES, INSURANCE ADVICE, AND INSURANCE POLICY INFORMATION, IS NOT COMPREHENSIVE, COMPLETE, OR GUARANTEED TO BE ACCURATE. ADDITIONALLY, THE SITE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THIRD PARTY LINKS OR RESOURCES ON THE SITE AND ANY CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE ARISING FROM SAME.
2. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS. The content, information, organization, graphics, designs, compilation, digital conversion and other materials published on or used on this Site, including, but not limited to, articles, opinions, text, directories, guides, photographs, illustrations, images, as well as the trademarks, logos, domain names, trade names, service marks, and any other forms of intellectual property (collectively, "Materials") are owned by the Company, its affiliates, partners and others, and are protected by law.
UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING, DUPLICATING OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF ANY OF THE MATERIALS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROVISION ONLY APPLIES TO SITE MATERIAL AND DOES NOT INCLUDE MATERIALS FOUND THROUGH LINKING TO ANOTHER SITE NOT OWNED BY THE COMPANY.
You do not and cannot acquire any ownership rights to any Materials viewed through this Site without our express written permission, or the express written permission of the appropriate owner. The posting of Materials on this Site does not grant you any express or implied license to the Materials, other than to view the materials for your personal information and education, and the presence of Material on this Site does not constitute a waiver of any of our rights to the Materials. All rights in the Materials, including any moral rights, are expressly reserved.
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT IS A SERIOUS OFFENSE. BY VIEWING AND THEN COPYING OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED A WILLFUL INFRINGER UNDER U.S. COPYRIGHT LAW, WHICH ALLOWS US TO SEEK UP TO $150,000 PER OFFENSE UNDER UNITED STATES CODE, TITLE 17, CHAPTER 5, IN ADDITION TO ATTORNEYS' FEES, COSTS AND OTHER RELIEF. WE WILL TAKE AGGRESSIVE LEGAL ACTION TO PRESERVE OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS BY SEEKING ALL AVAILABLE REMEDIES.
3. THIRD PARTY AND AFFILIATED WEB SITES. We have no control over, and no liability for any third party websites or materials, including advertisers. We work with a number of partners or affiliates, including advertisers, for whom we have placed links to their websites on this Site. We have no control over the content and performance of these partner and affiliate sites and make no guarantees, representations or warranties about the accuracy, currency, content, or quality of information provided by such sites, any products or services provided by such websites, any results that may be obtained from using such websites, the legality of the products or services provided by such sites, or the privacy or other practices of such websites, and we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful content that may reside on those sites. UNLESS EXPRESSLY SO STATED, THE INCLUSION OF A LINKED SITE IS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS AN ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION OF THE LINKED SITE OR ITS CONTENT. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACCESS ANY OF THE THIRD PARTY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, INCLUDING THOSE THAT WE RECOMMEND, YOU DO SO ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND OUR RECOMMENDATION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY OF THEIR SERVICES OR PRODUCTS.
THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION FOUND ON THIS SITE AND ON OTHER WEBSITES THAT LINK TO OR FROM THIS SITE. THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INFORMATION THAT YOU MIGHT BE REQUESTED TO GIVE ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITE. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ORDER, ENTRY, FULFILLMENT, PAYMENT PROCESSING, SHIPPING, CANCELLATIONS, RETURNS OR CUSTOMER SERVICE CONCERNING ORDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM WEB SITES OWNED OR OPERATED BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
4. LINKING POLICY. The Materials on this Site contain intellectual property that is protected from unauthorized use, copying and dissemination by copyright, trademark and other laws. If you link to this Site, we require that you follow these guidelines. The link to this Site must not damage, dilute or tarnish the goodwill associated with the Company, this Site, or any affiliated websites or companies, or any intellectual property of the foregoing, nor may the link or a reference to the link include a false statement that your website and/or organization is sponsored, endorsed by, affiliated and/or associated with the Company or this Site, or any affiliated websites or companies. You agree that you will not link to this Site from any source that is unlawful, abusive, indecent or obscene, or that promotes violence or illegal acts, or that contains expressions of racism, or that is libelous, defamatory, scandalous, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate. Under no circumstances may you frame this Site or alter its intellectual property or content in any way. We are not responsible for the content of any website that may link to this Site.
5. PROHIBITED ACTIONS. We impose certain restrictions on your permissible use of this Site. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of this Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of this Site, or any associated network or system, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to this Site, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail bombing, or crashing; (d) using this Site to send unsolicited email, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information of any email; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by the Company in providing this Site. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
6. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THE SITE AND ALL SERVICES AND INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT, AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, PENALTY OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO: (i) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT, SERVICES, OR ANY DATA, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TECHNICAL INACCURACIES, NOT UP TO DATE INFORMATION, OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS; (ii) THE UNAVAILABILITY OR UNINTERRUPTED USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OF THE SERVICES; (iii) DEFECTS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS ON THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAINTAINS THE SITE; (iv) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH HYPERLINKS CONTAINED IN THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM; AND (v) CLIENT'S USE OF THE SITE, OR ANY SERVICES, OR DATA. FURTHER, THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO ANY RESULTS, ECONOMIC OR OTHERWISE THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY USE OF THE SITE, SERVICES, OR ANY DATA. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE COMPANY AND ANY RELATED ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES CAUSED OR ALLEGEDLY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, FAILURE OF DELIVERY OF MERCHANDISE, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR UNLAWFUL USE OF RECORDS, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTUOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION OR THEORY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ANY RELATED ENTITY BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, THE MATERIALS OR ANY SERVICES, THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, WEBSITES LINKED TO OR FROM THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT HOLD THE COMPANY OR ANY RELATED ENTITY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SELECTION OR RETENTION OF, OR ANY ACTS, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS BY, ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE, THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR WEB SITES LINKED TO OR FROM THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND ADVERTISERS, THOSE WITH WHOM THE COMPANY CONTRACTS TO OPERATE VARIOUS PORTIONS OF THIS SITE, AND THOSE TO WHOM THE COMPANY PROVIDES LINKS FOR CONTENT, ADVERTISING AND/OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DATA OR INFORMATION.
ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY INSURANCE QUOTE, ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIALS ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THIS SITE.
BY ACCESSING THIS WEB SITE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
9. COMMENTS AND INQUIRIES. Any response from the Company to any inquiries are for information and educational purposes only and should not be interpreted as advice of any type.
10. NOTICES. Communications made through this Site or the Site's email or messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Company or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, such as where notice to the Company is required by contracts, or any Government laws, rules, or regulations.
All legal notices should be directed to our corporate address:
Attn: Legal Department
364 2nd Street, #1
Encinitas, California 92024
12. JURISDICTION/GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in San Diego, California and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of law principles. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in San Diego, California in all disputes arising out of or related to the use of this Site. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of this Site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises, otherwise it will be forever waived and barred.
13. MODIFICATION OF TERMS. The Company reserves the right to revise this Agreement at any time by updating this posting. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to comply with such revisions; therefore, you should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Agreement. This Agreement and any modifications thereto are valid and binding upon you.
14. SEVERABILITY/WAIVER. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any term or condition in this Agreement to be unenforceable, all other terms and conditions will remain unaffected and in full force and effect. No waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any prior, concurrent, or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions hereof, and no waiver shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party. To the extent that anything in or associated with this Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence.
15. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE OR USING THE INFORMATION OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND THEREBY.
Last revised November, 2016.